Tuesday, September 23, 2008

I'll Love You With All the Madness In My Soul



The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive
Everybody's out on the run tonight but there's no place left to hide
Together Wendy we'll live with the sadness
I'll love you with all the madness in my soul

Someday girl I don't know when we're gonna get to that place
Where we really want to go and we'll walk in the sun
But till then tramps like us baby we were born to run
Bruce Springsteen - Born To Run

Sea Wolf - Middle Distance Runner
So won't you run to me tonight? Tonight let's not talk about next summer, cause I'll only ever be a middle distance runner

Wolf Parade - You Are a Runner and I am My Father's Son
I'll draw three figures on your heart. One of them will be me as a boy, one of them will be me,
one of them will be me watching you run, watching you run, watching you run into the high noon sun


Sharon Olds, "Sex Without Love" [poem]

How do they do it, the ones who make love
without love?...

... they are like great runners: they know they are alone
with the road surface, the cold, the wind,
the fit of their shoes, their over-all cardio
vascular health--just factors, like the partner
in the bed, and not the truth, which is the
single body alone in the universe
against its own best time.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

ha. that pic is proof that you are either absolutely amazing or completely deranged. love it tho.



<3's
honey pie

p.s. - listen to Down Is The New Up - Radiohead as loud as possible. it's good for you

-j said...

craziness is like heaven.

Unknown said...

this reminds me of curt schilling's 'heroic' bloody sock game. I found some decent shoes on the internet to alleviate this, but... where's the fun in that