Sunday, March 22, 2009

Productivity


[hand down]

It's almost April, and while I always make an effort to follow some sort of a strict diet and exercise regiment for overall health purposes, I find that my ability to maintain it through the Winter is especially difficult. The reason being, well, Winter depresses the shit out of me. I can't persuade myself with any kind of success to leave the warm comfort of my room and go for the 5 mile run I do every day through the months of April-October. For one, its too cold, and for two, there is simply not enough daylight to fit it into my schedule on a daily basis. But Spring makes me eager to get back to it. To start the obsession all over again. I set goals, and I achieve them. My mind becomes clear and focused. I am constantly high on caffeine and adrenaline. I have so much energy that I never want to stop. I sleep less because the sun is shining and I want to be in it.

My diet:

coffee. coffee. coffee.
soy/banana smoothie.
veggie/grain/tofu something for lunch and/if dinner
.
water. water. water.

I've been running 4 miles because I don't want to over-do it while I can't be consistent with it, but today I pushed myself to 5. This means I can't turn back. It's started.


On the other hand, while I was a completely depressed sloth through the winter, I managed to get into a reading routine which will not end when the birds start chirping.

Books read in the past month:

Dress Your Family in Corduroy and Denim, David Sedaris
(holy shit, witty, hysterical)

Running With Scissors, Augusten Burroughs
(holy shit, dark, disturbing, hysterical)


Magical Thinking,
Augusten Burroughs
(holy shit, warm, dark, witty, hysterical)


So, while I'm on the memoir kick, next is:

Ham on Rye,
Charles Bukowski

But what I really need to do it take some new pictures. I've pretty much cleaned out my archive.

REM - Tongue (live)

Michael Stipe does his best falsetto to sing from the perspective of a girl.
It's one of my favorite's off the underrated Monster.


don't lay that stuff all over me.
it crawls all over. all over me.

No comments: